Product Carbon Footprint Verification (ISO 14067, PAS 2050)
Consumers are becoming increasingly environmentally conscious and they are looking for products with lower environmental impact. By certifying their products according to ISO 14067, companies can differentiate themselves from competitors and attract environmentally conscious customers.
Carbon footprint verification for products by ISO 14067
ISO 14067 is a standard that provides guidelines for assessing and verifying the carbon footprint of products. Carbon footprint verification involves conducting a third-party audit to verify that the carbon footprint calculation methodology used for a product is in compliance with the ISO 14067 standard. This verification process ensures that the carbon footprint calculation is accurate and reliable, and it can help to increase transparency and credibility for companies that want to communicate the environmental performance of their products to consumers.
How to get ISO 14067 certified?
In order to get certified, the organization needs to follow these steps:
- Define the scope: Determine the boundaries of the assessment, including the product or service being assessed, the stage of the product’s life cycle to be considered, and the methodology for calculating the carbon footprint.
- Gather data: Collect the data necessary to calculate the carbon footprint, including energy consumption, raw material inputs, transportation, and waste generation.
- Calculate the carbon footprint: Use the methodology outlined in ISO 14067 to calculate the carbon footprint of the product or service.
- Verify the results: Have a third-party verifier to audit their calculation methodology and results to ensure standard compliance.
- Communicate the results: Share the verified carbon footprint with the customers and stakeholders to demonstrate the environmental performance of the product.
Currently, we offer this service as a non-accredited certification.
Why certify according to the ISO 14067 standard?
Certifying according to ISO 14067 can help companies to demonstrate their environmental commitment, to attract customers, to improve their environmental performance, and to comply with regulations. Certifying according to the ISO 14067 standard can provide several benefits for companies, including:
- Increased credibility: ISO 14067 is an internationally recognized standard for assessing and verifying the carbon footprint of products. By certifying according to the standard, companies can demonstrate their commitment to environmental sustainability and increase their credibility with customers, stakeholders, and regulatory bodies.
- Competitive advantage: ISO 14067 certification can improve company’s reputation and increase brand value. Customers are more likely to trust companies that have been independently verified and certified according to recognized environmental standards.
- Improved environmental performance: The ISO 14067 standard provides a framework for assessing and reducing the carbon footprint of products. By following the standard, companies can identify areas where they can reduce their carbon emissions and improve their environmental performance.