With Latvia’s accession to the European Union (EU) and the opening of the European single market, construction product manufacturers must comply with the EU requirements set out in the sector by Regulation (EU) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council. The only way to assure compliance with this Regulation is the CE marking.
What is CE marking?
The CE marking in the construction industry was introduced by the Construction Products Directive (CPD) in 1989. From 1 July 2013, it has been replaced by the Construction Products Regulation (CPR), making the CE marking mandatory for all construction products for which harmonized European standards (hEN) have been developed or a European Technical Assessment (ETA) has been issued and which have been placed on the EU market, including Latvia.
The obligations required to obtain the CE marking are set out in the declaration of conformity. Some must be carried out by the manufacturer, some by recognized bodies, such as test laboratories or certification bodies. There are four levels/systems of certification, where the first is the most complex (several critical security points must be observed) and the fourth is the simplest.
Kā iegūt CE sertifikātu?
Lai sertificētos CE marķējuma ieguvei, uzņēmumam nepieciešams nodrošināt būvizstrādājumu atbilstību Eiropas Parlamenta un Padomes Regulas Nr. 305/2011 un atbilstošā Eiropas saskaņotā standarta (hEN) prasībām.
BM Certification, akreditēta sertifikācijas iestāde, var sniegt CE sertifikācijas pakalpojumus un nodrošināt mācības par atbilstošā standarta prasībām.
Sazinieties ar mums, lai saņemtu sīkāku informāciju.
Ja vēlaties saņemt cenas piedāvājumu, aicinām aizpildīt pieteikuma anketu tiešsaistē.
Būsim pagodināti sniegt Jūsu uzņēmumam sertifikācijas pakalpojumus!
Why is CE marking needed?
Once the product has been marked with CE, the consumer can be sure that the products supplied meet at least the minimum performance requirements set out in the harmonized technical specification.
CE certification is required to certify the product’s in compliance with EU legislation and the requirements of harmonized European standards. Certification is a mandatory requirement for most construction products to be sold on the internal market of the EU and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) countries.
By choosing the CE marking certification, you will:
- ensure the implementation and supervision of the production control process system;
- certify the quality and safety of your products, as well as their compliance with the requirements of regulatory enactments;
- increase the competitiveness of your company in the market by receiving the CE marking on your products and, thus, allowing their distribution in the internal market of the EU and EFTA countries;
- certify that the company’s products comply with EU legislation and the requirements of the relevant hEN standard(s);
- receive an independent third-party assessment, as well as a declaration of performance.